Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What We Thought; What He/She Said...WHOA!

Every individual wishes they could be in the opposite sex's mind 24/7...that would be AWESOME! But CLEARLY that's not gonna happen...so, just from a little exploring and observation, here are 6 Stereotypes that WOMEN have about MEN:

1. We Are All About Sex

Sadly, sometimes this is true. A lot of guys are after one thing, and they can be very transparent about that. This belief is passed down again and again. Luckily, at some point, I figured I'd use other things to define my manhood, or I just didn't care about being a "man" in the eyes of other men.

2. We Like To Be In Control

This is an intimidating proposition for single women who are trying to find their way. Tradition states that men are the ones who ask out the women, men choose where to go for the dates during relationships, and men pay most of the time. Personally, I don't feel like I need to be in control all the time-I like to be in control of my own life, but not other people's lives. Control will always be a major issue in relationships.

3. We Fear Commitment

Commitment means that I've decided that the woman I'm settling down with is perfect and there is no one else out there for me. Commitment means I've found my soul mate, that I am completely secure with myself, and that there should be no going back. Commitment is a sign of maturity and it just takes some of us longer.

4. We Think We Are Good In Bed

You can be making a total mistake, but as long as you're confident it will turn out ok. This may explain why we are so clueless at what we are doing in bed, but we act like we know. The whole time I'm doing stuff, I'm saying to myself: "I hope she likes it..." But I have a feeling that a lot of guys are thinking: "there's no way she doesn't like what I'm doing".

5. If It Weren't For Society, We Wouldn't Change Our Underwear

OK, you're right. We wouldn't.

6. We Like Big Boobs

Yes, we are fascinated with them because they are the unknown. We don't have them! I know plenty of guys who like big boobs. I don't know many guys who have big boobs on their list of requirements for their soul mate. In fact, there are plenty of guys out there that prefer smaller boobs.



Now, let's flip the script, here are 6 Stereotypes MEN have about WOMEN:

1. Women Are Crazy

I tried for a long time to make sense out of women's actions and statements. Once I accepted that women were "crazy," it seemed to take a huge load of pressure off me. No longer was I trying to rationalize moves that women made that got me into crazy analysis cycles. We don't really think women are insane, we just say it so we can be done thinking about their antics and move on.

2. PMS Makes Women Angry

Sometimes when we've done wrong or want to make sense out of why a girl is mad at us, we try to blame it on possible PMS. Honestly, sometimes a woman's anger does look hormonal. I have said something to a girl one day that she laughs at, but then a week later she bites my head off when I say the same thing. But I've learned not to make things worse by suggesting that she's PMSing.

3. Women Want To Settle Down

Guys keep a close tab on their friends and how much pressure they are getting to marry their girlfriends. We also notice our friends that are girls who seem to panic as their girlfriends get married one by one. So, guys are very sensitive to the fact that women want to settle down and are more vocal about it than guys. There is even a biological argument: guys sometimes assume that women want to have children more than anything, especially as they get older. We meet plenty of women who don't project that they want to settle down, but we assume most women really want to settle down.

4. Women Are Impractical

Sometimes we look at what women like to do and we just think it's impractical.
(Having tens of thousands of shoes to do the same thing over and over again; Guys have 4 pairs of shoes ranging from casual to dressy, simple as that)

5. Women Don't Understand Sports

There is no reason women wouldn't understand or know sports like guys do if they were as obsessed. I just think guys across the board are more sports obsessed than women are.

6. Women Like Bad Entertainment

When I come into the apartment and my sister is sitting there watching Real World versus Road Rules challenge, I implore her to lower the volume. I can't stand to hear those people speak. I love History Channel and Discovery Channel and important sporting events. My sisters love Us Weekly and websites like OMG. I like to read Wikipedia and read about music. Well, maybe I find Gossip Girl strangely intriguing when my sister is watching it, and I like Us Weekly too. And sometimes I get stuck watching terrible Lifetime movies for hours...OK, maybe everyone secretly likes all this stuff.

So what do ya think? Are there more that were not covered? You let me know =)

via Rich Santos Marie Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails