I used to always hear that horizontal stripes made you look wider and vertical stripes make you look taller...HONESTLY they all look the same to me: CUTE!
I think what makes me like them SO MUCH is because SO MUCH can be done with them...
mixing the stripes with a solid REALLY makes the pattern stick out and you can dress them UP or down, anywhere from a striped button-up for work , or a striped tank for the club or just to chill.
And then it seems like I can put ANY color accessories with ANY color combo of stripes. I picked a FEW faves....lemme see how I would "jazz" them up:
1. maybe a white tank, or an off-the-shoulder top...wouldn't go with the blue or red color, there's already enough color in the skirt, and I could do more up top with the blank canvas that is white...now as far as what shoes I would wear, THEN I would go with the blue or red, maybe a strappy sandal or a nude maybe, that's ANOTHER favorite for me this year
2. you really don't have to do MUCH, seeing as though it's a dress and you kinda wanna be simple....I'm thinking maybe gold bangles and gold flats, nothing extravagant
3. I've worn something VERY similar to this, I got A LOT of compliments on it....I wore a multi-chain necklace with it, hang low, and it was PERFECT
4. t-shirt and jeans, you can never go wrong....gray skinny jeans maybe, or black, OR white, with black sandals...VERY casual
5. ANY color sandals, DARK denim jeans would be cute....
6. I LOVE this jacket....ADORE it, reminds me of the club! I could put ANY color under it, I'm thinking red, or royal blue, or yellow....and THEN pair it with a SLIMMING pair of black tights, LOVE IT!
7. this could be the same as 8., I would do black tights OR jeans, skinny ones of course, and PROBABLY a white cami OR tank, or white tee, and black flip flops....COMFY!
8. they remind me SO much of the beach, California OR Florida, South Beach....I see a pair of gold-trimmed aviators, an oversized white button-up, OR shirt, with the nude sandals, strappy ones....gold accessories would be PERFECT!
As y'all can see, YUP I love stripes...LOVE them LoL...