Friday, May 3, 2013

Tasty Food Thursday Meal from ...

MR. SHUT UP & TRAIN!!!!



I didn't have the pleasure of indulging in this delicious, healthy meal tonight, my dad made shrimp sautéed with tomatoes & peppers with quinoa & sautéed asparagus (SO GOOD! This was my first time having quinoa) BUT I saw this recipe on Mr. Shut Up & Train and I WILL be making this one evening.  The savory of the cheese and the sour of the red wine vinegar and just all the flavors involved...yeah my mouth is watering AS I type this *sigh* YUUUUUM!


***To save time, look for bagged kale salad in your supermarket.

First make the dressing...
Whisk together: 
1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar 
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon mustard
salt and pepper... ALL in a bowl

Add 1 to 2 generous handfuls of chopped kale, some toasted pine nuts and a few dried currents (or raisins) to the bowl. Use your hands to massage the dressing and the salad together. Let marinate for 10 to 20 minutes. (You can also make this in the morning and let marinate until lunchtime.) Use a vegetable peeler to shave strips of parmesan cheese over salad.

***for a HEARTIER meal, add cooked chicken breast

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails