Sunday, April 15, 2012

My Mini Mani w/ Essie...Van D'Go : )


PAYDAY was Friday, and lately, I've been splurging on nothing but beauty products.  I have a serious problem.  The first step is admitting it, and I admitted that to myself, OUT LOUD on Friday & Saturday SMH....My first stop, when I have a little change in my pocket, Ulta OR M.A.C., and this weekend it was Ulta.  I walked out of there, let's just say, spending more than $50 lol.  LIke I said, I have a problem.  And one of the products that I purchased, for the first time, was Essie polish.  See my results below....I LIKED!



I'm REALLY into pastels for the Spring, and this color called my name in the store y'all!  I had Shellac on my nails already, but for some reason, I think it's because I have an oily nail bed, NOTHING stays on my nails looking perfect, for more than a good 3-4 days.  So I peeled the Shellac off and decided to try this peachy looking color.

I started with a thin coat of Nailtiques Formula 2 on each nail.  This is for soft, peeling, bitten, weak or thin nails.  A great protector, dries very fast.  THEN I placed 2 coats of the Essie polish.  I found that when I was painting my nails, the polish seemed to get thick, it wasn't as smooth as O.P.I.  I worked with it, made it happen.  Then for my top coat, I used Orly Sec 'N Dry Multi-Layer Quick-Dry Topcoat.  For faster drying after all was said and done, I sprayed on DeMert Nail Enamel Dryer.  I've always liked this stuff.  I really speeds up the process.

Now, fast forward to today, I took off the polish.  I know, I know, but I don't know if it's my oily nail bed, or the polish itself, but it started to split down the middle and just little places, I didn't like it at all.  So maybe when I go to my nail lady Lena, and SHE applies it, the ongoing results will be MUCH better.

As far as looks are concerned, I LOVE this color.  LOVE IT!  I think I'll have a better review of it when I get it done professionally.  I do suggest Essie for their color selection though, just off top....HUGE, PRETTY choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails