Friday, September 25, 2009

fashion GENIUS @ 13...really?!



HIGH FASHION PROFILE...cause she IS HIGH FASHION!

13-year old Tavi Gevinson started her blog "Style Rookie", I believe, when she was 12, well according to Wikipedia...WoW! All I was doing was looking for the newest game to play, LoL! And can you believe just last week, she sat front row at some of the HOTTEST events of New York's Fashion Week?! Her blog alone, 4 million viewers...HA! I'm just tryna get to 100 for now, LOL! Some of her favorite designers include Tao Kurihara of Tao, Rei Kawakubo of Comme des Garcons, Yohji Yamamoto, Alexander McQueen (LOVE THE SHOES), & Vivienne Westwood. In an interview with TeenVogue in 2008 Gevinson said:

"I love these designers because the looks they design aren't simply about looking "chic" and wearing something that's flattering to your body. To me, what they design is more art than clothes, and each piece seems to have some kind of character or story behind it." .... SAY THAT!

I am truly amazed, because at that age, my favorite designers were whatever my mom bought me, which included Gap, Target, Old Navy, & others...and I was SA-TIS-FIED!

Find out more about Miss Tavi on her blog OR do what I do...GOOGLE HER =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails