Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Think about What You're Saying

ok, so I hear this all the time, and it urks the crap outta me! First...

Dictionary.com defines twin1 as a noun, adjective, verb
–noun
1. either of two children or animals brought forth at a birth.
2. either of two persons or things closely related to or closely resembling each other.


So, now that THAT is cleared up...my question is, "why do people say TWO TWINS?!" no sir, no ma'am!

There is NO need to put the word TWO in front of twin because twin IS TWO....so therefore when you say "TWO TWINS" you are actually referring to FOUR people, get it?! Because
TWO x TWO is four, OMG!

And then the thing that KILLS me is that the person that usually says it, says it with such confidence, like they are Grammar Guy of the Week, LMAO!!!! wrong, wrong, wrong, lol!
I HAD to get that off my chest, and it feels great now that I did.

Have a LOVELY Tuesday people =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails